Monday, February 15, 2010

Hum He Mein Thee

Hum he mein thee na koi baat, yaad na tum ko aa sakay
Tum ne hamain bhula diya, hum na tumhein bhula sakay

(Perhaps there was nothing special in me that would make you miss me, which is probably why you've forgotten me. Though I couldn't do the same)

Tum he na sun sakay agar qissa-e-gham sunay ga kaun
Kis ki zubaa.n khulay gee phir hum na agar suna sakay

(If you refuse to listen to my agonies, then who else will? If you refuse to listen to me, people will lose faith and will stop sharing their pains with their beloved).

Hosh mein aa chukay thay hum, josh mein aa chukay thay hum
Bazm ka rang dekh kar sar na magar utha sakay

(I was aware of everything that was going on, I wasn't intoxicated in any way. But when I saw the situation around me, the circumstances surrounding me, I couldn't dare say anything)

Shauq-e-visaal hai yahaan lab pe savaal hai yahaan
Kis ki majaal hai yahaan hum se nazar mila sakay

(I have the same desires as everyone else around me, rendering me as normal. And I also have the reputation amongst others that keeps them from looking me into the eye)

Raunaq-e-bazm ban gaye lab pe hikayatain raheen
Lab pe shikayatain raheen lab na magar hila sakay

(Even though I was the life of the party, I had their attention, I still couldn't let them know of the complaints I had in my heart)

Aisa bhi koi nama-barr her baat pe kaan dhar sakay
Sun ker yaqeen kar sakay jaa ke unhain suna sakay

(Is there such a messenger that can listen to me, understand my plea, and communicate it to my beloved?)

Ahl-e-zabaa.n to hain bohot, koi nahin hai ahl-e-dard
Kaun teri tarah Hafeez, dard ke geet ga sakay

(There are many here who understand my language, but not a single person who understands my pain. No one can communicate sorrow like myself)

~ Hafeez Jalandhari

2 comments:

YASIR ALI said...

awesome ambareen

Anonymous said...

Very nice,,,,