Sunday, February 8, 2009

Wafa Ki Jail

Wafa ki jail se bhaaga hua majboor qaidi hoon
Agar dil ki adaalat mein tumhain mera kheyaal aaye

(I'm a helpless runaway inmate from the jail of love and loyalty. If your heart's court ever thinks of me..)

To mujh ko yaad ke dhundlay kitehray mein talab karna
Meray lafzon, meri baaton ko dil he dil mein dohraana
dhundla = blurry
kitehry = question box (like in courts, where the accused stand during trial)
dohraana = repeat

(..then (catch me in your memory and) stand me in the trial of your fading memories; repeat my words and phrases in your heart..)

To phir shaayed tumhain koi puraana naqsh mil jaaye
Jo meri begunaahi ki adaalat mein gavaahi de
naqsh = nishaan, mark

(..and in doing so, you might come across some old piece of evidence which will speak of my innocence in your heart's trial)

Yehi meri tamanna hai keh tum mujh ko vohi samjho
Jo main ne tum ko samjha hai, tumhain ab tak samajhta hoon

(That's my wish, that you think of me like I think of you, i.e., in good faith)

Meray deereena saathi ho tumhain to yeh khabar ho gee
Keh main apni safaayee mein kabhi bhi kuch nahin kehta
deereena = long-time

(You're my long-time companion... you know I never say anything for myself in my defense..)

Agar phir bhi kisi pehlu se main mujrim nazar aaoon
To wafa ki raah mein naadaan samajh ker darguzar karna
pehlu = angle
darguzar = ignore


(If you still find me guilty (of hurting you by not returning your love), then just think of me as someone who was new in the journey of love and didn't know her way well, and that's why got lost. In other words, I didn't get lost on the path of love because I wasn't faithful, I got lost because I had never travelled there before. It wasn't my fault, but forgive me just the same)

~Unknown

Explanation: I think this poem was written by someone who wanted to return someone's love, but couldn't, and it hurts her (I think the poem was written by a female). She is a helpless soul who could not, for some reasons, return his love, but she wants him to understand. Understand that there were words she said to him, that showed him that she too loved/loves him.. that maybe thinking back now he can get that. He was her long-time companion... he knew that she doesn't defend herself, and this time won't be an exception. And this time he has to defend her in his heart because she's not present there to defend herself. She wants to hold his regard, and doesn't want him to think of her as unfaithful or unloyal. Lastly, she asks him that even after going through her words in his mind, if he finds her to have toyed with his heart, then he should simply forgive her -- on the basis of her "newbee" status in the field of love.. (Trying desperately to tell him that she meant to return his love... but she couldn't because of her restraints and shackles. But she still loves him, or else she wouldn't care what he thinks of her).

3 comments:

Sabeen said...

Loved this one. thanx for sharing! :)

Anonymous said...

No dear this poem is written by me and i m Syed Emaan Shaw Khan. so i m not a female and my id is snsan@ymail.com

Anonymous said...

aur is may kuch ghalatiyan aap ne ker dalin lakin aap ne shyed is ko parha nai wafa ki raah may nadaan nai Baccha samjh k dar guzar kerna last may aik line aur bhi thi woh yeh YAHI MERI TAMANNA/GUZARISH HAI MUJHEY BUS APNA KEH DENA.
ALLAH HAFIZ